Reliance Standard’s Voluntary Group Critical Illness insurance provides a fixed, lump-sum benefit when critical illness strikes. This includes heart attack, stroke, paralysis and more. The VCI plan offers employers a valuable benefit at no direct cost and offers employees an excellent opportunity to purchase valuable coverage in increments that are right for their family, through convenient payroll deduction.
These benefits are paid directly to the insured and may be used for any reason, from deductibles and prescriptions to transportation and child care.
View our short video that answers questions you may have about Voluntary Critical Illness insurance.
Group Critical Illness Plan Highlights:
- Choice of Basic or Enhanced plans
- Coverage from $5,000 to $50,000 for employees and spouses
- Dependent coverage is available
- Lifetime maximum benefit per category
- Subsequent occurrence benefit
- Recurrence benefit
- FMLA/MSLA continuation
- Tobacco user/non-tobacco user rates available
- Wellness (Health Screening) benefit
- HSA compliant plan design available
- May be purchased as 100% employee paid or contributory
The basic critical illness plan provides coverage for such critical illnesses as life-threatening cancer, heart attack, stroke, kidney (renal) failure, and major organ transplant. The enhanced critical illness plan includes coverage for all critical illnesses included in the basic plan, with the addition of ruptured cerebral, carotid or aortic aneurysm, blindness, coma, paralysis and severe brain damage.
For additional information:
Reliance Standard’s Critical Illness plan design
Your Guide to Understanding Voluntary Critical Illness Insurance